Thread: Quilting?

Quilting?

I really want to make a quilt out of my children's baby clothes. I think it would be so sweet to have in 20 years.

I was thinking about trying to find a class on it, but how hard is it to learn quilting? I remember making one in Girl Scouts 20 years ago :laughing:, but not enough details to actually start my own.

Quilting is a wonderful hobby, and what a fantastic idea to use your children's baby clothes. You will have quite a heirloom piece once you get done! Many craft stores offer different classes or assistance, or sometimes there are quilting circles in your area. Honestly, even if you only attended a few sessions, the hands on lessons you can learn and techniques are invaluable. It is so much easier to watch and try a craft with someone who has done it before. Hope it turns out just like you want it to!

I made my first quilts for my nieces and nephew for Christmas; they were rag quilts actually. I bought patterns in the shape of a turtle, butterfly and caterpillar. They were a lot of work, time-wise, but they were so cute and so worth it. There's some very helpful videos on youtube.

I love quilting, and I haven't found it to be very difficult. Like others have said, there are a lot of classes in local stores as well as tutorials online.

I was thinking of doing a quilt with the kids' old clothes, too. I thought it'd be fun to do kind of an applique with the clothes and have them become an outfit over quilted children.