Thread: Origami

Origami

I think origami a nice and fun hobby. I am not good in folding paper but I would love to learn it. Any of you loves origami? How did you learn it?

I love origami, it's actually very relaxing. It is tricky at first, but once you get a hang of it you won't want to stop. I was taught by my teenage daughter, she learned from a library book. I have seen a youtube video of people teaching it as well.

My daughter just asked today if I would teach her some origami. I don't remember much from when I was a kid and knew how to do it. I told her we'd get a book and figure it out. So it looks like I'm getting ready to get back into it.

Funny, my 9 year old son, who loves origami, made a whole little family of cranes today, in graduated sizes. There is a great PBS documentary on Netflix Instant Play about amazing origami artists called Between the Folds. After we watched it, my kids went nuts with making new origami. There was paper all over the house!

Here is one of the cranes my son made today. I love it so much!

I have never actually tried it because I think I wouldn't be good at it. I sometimes lack patience. However, I would love to learn how to fold bills. I saw a friend of me making a little shirt and a heart with five dollar bills. It seems that even if you give a kid a dollar bill as long as it looks fun, they will treasure it. :-)

That's beautiful Linny. I wouldn't have enough skills and patience to make the tiny crane.

I kinda think it's something you can self teach, but I wonder if it's also worth it to take some course on origami.

Thank you. I get so impressed that he can do that. I just can't. It is hard for me to follow the instructions. My brain just doesn't work that way.