Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How often do you grocery shop?

How often do you grocery shop?

I try to grocery shop as little as possible. I have a chest freezer, so between that and my own veggies I can usually get away with only shopping once a month, other than stopping in for milk.

Good for you! I go about once a week and occasionally stop in during the week if there's something I forgot or something fresh that I need.

When we lived 20-25 miles from the nearest grocery stores, had a big vegetable garden, had a big freezer, etc., my wife and a neighbor friend used to go to town about once a week. I might have a reason to go once a month. But now we're back in town, barely more than 2 miles from 2 supermarkets, less than 5 miles from a mall and 3 more supermarkets. So I go "shopping" or just looking nearly every day.:laughing:

I shop once a week and sometimes more often. I try to get everything I need on the weekend for the whole week, but it seems I always forget something. I love the summer time here when we have a ton of fresh veggies from the garden. That means less stops at the store and a much lower grocery bill.

I try to do a big shopping trip once a month. Then once a week I go to buy the essentials like milk, bread, eggs and cheese. I always have a running list in case something finishes before the end of the month, I can grab it on the weekly visit if it is an essential item. Otherwise, it will keep until the next big trip because I usually go to Walmart or Costco.

We grocery shop every two weeks. My husband and I take turns doing it. That way no one has to be overloaded with the job. We are a family of 5 so it can be quite the load. We only hit shops in between if we need something.

We shop once a week to take advantage of the sales. For the past few months there has always been a buy one, get one free sale, or a bundle deal of 10 for $10.00. It is a great way to stretch your budget and load up on the items you need for when they are not on sale.

I'd love to be able to do once a month! I bet that takes a good bit of organization.

I am an every-two-weeker like some of you. We also have a chest freezer, which is so handy. I love to shop the sales and stock up. I also use my freezer when I make a few meals ahead once in a while.

We shop about once a week, I tried every 2 weeks and we kept running out of things. I find if I only go once a month I spend more than if I go once a week.

As little as possible - I hate grocery shopping. I do one huge shop per months for tinned and freezer stuff. Then I go to local produce markets once a week for fresh stuff. I don't mind the open-air markers for grocery shopping, but I do hate the vast, neon-lit supermarkets. They make me feel ill !