Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Closets!

Closets!

Today I'm going to start to tackle the closets! I'm so sick of all the clothes in there and all the other junk that somehow gets put in the closet. We have big walk-in closets in all of the bedrooms. Why are they the junk collectors?

Have you hoed out your closet yet? It seems like the perfect spring cleaning job to do on the first day of spring!

I have done 3 closets so far. There is one closet I wish I could pretend did not exist. It has collected more junk than any other closet. Ahh well, I will save that one for last.

I have been happily in denial and then you had to go and bring it up! I've never been good at organization and I'm afraid I've passed that on to my children, they are little hoarders. Maybe when it feels like spring here, I will be in to it.

I try to do it twice a year. I wait until my mom comes to visit so she can help out. :-) She is an organizational freak. She is due this weekend. Therefore, Monday will be the beginning of the Spring Cleaning Extravaganza in our house. May my mom have tons of years of healthy life to keep our closets in check. :-)

Honestly, there is not much to clean out. Maybe if ony because we do not have walk in closets. They are rather limited, so not much room to accumulate I'm afraid. But you are so right, it is a good place to start. In fact I did tackle one of the closets the other day.

Sorry for bringing it up - I was in denial for a long time. I tackled one and got it done. I had a bunch of clothes to donate to the Salvation Army this morning. I am not sure when I will get to the other closets. I was asked why I didn't start with the hall closet! Grrrr

I cannot stand to have a disorganized closet. For some reason though, it is the junk accumulator. I try to clean it out once a month, but it is due again. Now that I'm sitting here thinking about it, I may have to go clean it!

I have no excuse this spring - we are getting a huge new closet delivered tomorrow and plan to spend this weekend (weather permitting) emptying out the old closet on the terrace and organising all the stuff either to be got rid of or placed in the new closet. The following weekend will see us at a car-boot sale !

My closet is in good shape. I stay on top of it! But my kids are about to get their closets cleaned out and decluttered. They have a lot of toys they've outgrown and it is time to move on. I'll be glad to get that project out of the way.

This is something that I really need to do. It is a yearly, if not an every 6 month kind of job in our little house. My two girls share a room right now and a closet. It's so hard to keep it cleaned out. I am planning on having a yard sale this spring so that will give me a great excuse to get cleaning!