Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who does the finances in your home?

Briana, I'm currently using Quicken 2010 Deluxe on a HP PC (Windows 7 Home Premium); never owned a Mac. The computer was 3 years old in January, but awhile back I "upgraded" to Windows 7 from Windows Vista. As with much of the technology of our days, nearly everything will do lots of things for which I have no use, has lots of features for which I have no use, so each new version of Quicken is worse than the last one, to me.:laughing: And of course, each time I've gone to a new version, it had to convert each of my old files. And I still have all my old Quicken files on this computer from 1993 forward. I know I do some things most folks wouldn't consider. For instance, we keep all our credit card receipts and I enter them into Quicken the same day, then reconcile them each month. I even keep track of all our cash on hand and cash expenditures on Quicken.:laughing:

I don't even remember what version of Quicken I put on the new IBM computer I bought in early 1993, but I was using Quicken for some years before that on Radio Shack TRS80 computers. I know I had a model IV TRS80 in 1986 and was using Quicken even before that. And the version I was using in 1986 did everything I wanted it to do.:laughing:

As for my wife . . . well, there's some things she's very good at and I don't know what I'd do without her after 46+ years, and I think she knows it, because I've told her she's the best thing that ever happened to me, but she's just never had any interest in computers or our finances. Maybe it's hereditary since both her mother and mine were the same way.:laughing:

Administrator
    Haha, well there's no shame in that. She sounds like a great woman.

Sounds like you're a nerds nerd like me. I used to keep every receipt and follow the same procedure, but without Quicken - just a bunch of scribbles on notepads. :laughing: It got to be a bit exhausting though.

I could really use Quicken, but I'm still working out the best solution to that need because the Mac version is a nightmare from what I've heard.

Wife does it all, by hand, pen and paper, the old fashion way. I once tried using Quickbooks for the farm but it seemed like overkill
    Buck
    My tractor is not a toy, its one of many tools of the trade