Thread: Skirts

Skirts

Has anyone made one of those three-tiered skirts that are so popular? I think they are really cute. And I hear they are super-easy to make.

I want to pick out a really adorable combination of fabrics, but I'm not as good at that as I am at sewing.

I'm sure it will come out great! In some of the larger fabric stores, they are now grouping together many fabrics in the same color family. This is really helpful when you are trying to match a color hue. Just make sure the fabrics you choose are compatible - they all wash in the same temp water, and they are basically the same material. (Nothing worse than having a fabric that adds lint to the other fabrics!) If you feel adventurous see what they have to offer in the clearance aisle, it can be quite a cost savings. Happy sewing!

I have done it and it is super easy as long as you can loose stitch and gather the seams. I have also done a 2 tier and attached it to a shorter denim skirt made out of an old pair of worn out jeans. That looks cool too.

Cute idea, monnie31. I think I've seen those.

Cracko'Dawn, you are right. They DO group the fabrics by colors, that's a good point. If worse comes to worse I could ask someone for help. I love the new mod combos I see, especially, believe it or not, in handmade children's clothes. I have two friends who make the most darling outfits for little girls and they seem to have the knack of putting together patterns I never would have thought would work.

I haven't tried it yet, but I have already bought a pattern and the materials to do it with. I've had it for a couple week though, and haven't started yet. It intimidates me!

For kids clothes, I use pillow cases from good will, it is the perfect size to make little dresses, shirts and pants for little kids out of.