Thread: Old old old door knobs

Old old old door knobs

I live in a really old farm house, the sort with the old style door knobs. I do love the way that they look but they are so old and break a lot. Sometimes we can repair them, but some need replaced. Where does one find old things like this?

You can look in hardware stores that carry antique hardware, get doorknobs off old doors that aren't in use, and look online. Maybe you can find something like that on eBay.

I hope you can find replacements or ones that are close. They really add so much charm to your lovely farm house. I can remember my Grandfather had a home that was built in about 1926. He had the most beautiful glass doorknobs. I can still remember how they shined, and the rainbow of colors coming from them when the sun hit them. It would be ashame to lose something special like that.

It is so satisfying to maintain such style - I think you could find your replacements on the internet for sure or at flea markets. The latter would be more hit-and-miss and you may have to visit a few - but they are great places for picking up such items.

They are getting more and more pricey as the supply dwindles. I hope you can find what you are looking for to replace the ones that have broken. They are so beautiful, aren't they?

They are so lovely, that plus the amazing old wood work makes it so lovely. I am going to try to hit flea markets and try eBay. I want to stock up on them before they become impossible to find. The thought of updating them makes me too sad.

Renovator's Supply carries a wide variety of reproduction replacements. You can view their catalog on line at rensup.com. Depending on your location you may be able to find a demolition company locally that rescues old hardware, doors, windows, etc.

Mark, Mar
    Hi fresh..,
    I think you should be replace it now.There are lot of styles of knob now available in the market.But if you find this one you should must be searching on google do com.
    Hopefully you must find it.......
    have nice day....bye