Thread: Baking more

Baking more

I don't know what it is about spring, but we seem to bake more. I think it's because we can open up the windows (oven makes the house hot). We seem to be baking a lot more cookies, pies, breads and cakes. How about you?

We do the same. This week alone I have done cookies and biscuits and my husband did 3 batches of bread. I bake at lease once or twice a week.

Same here - it's as though we emerge from some sort of hibernation or winter-induced stupor ! My daughter baked a cake, then I had an urge to bake bread. What is it about spring ?

We bake pretty frequently year round, but I don't notice an increase in spring, so I am surprised you all do. Our baking frequency increases in fall.

We bake year around as well. But lately, I have been craving spring/summer deserts, such as key lime pie, cheesecake, and cobblers. I might have to give into these feelings soon.

Glad it's not just me. I've been baking like crazy lately. Last night I stayed up making some chocolate peanut butter cupcakes from scratch. They were delicious. I love to bake and decorate them all spring theme.

Honestly, I haven't noticed a change one way or the other. But what I have noticed is a change in what we are craving. Right now, it is nice refreshing Strawberry Shortcake that has been calling our name!

We bake a lot in the fall too so maybe that is just it - I don't bake often in the summer because it's too hot to have the oven on. I bake in the spring because I love to open the windows and feel the cool breeze and have the heat from the oven.

My husband has decided he wants to start baking on the weekends so we have stuff for during the week. We like to know what we are eating. We are becoming more conscious these days.

Administrator
    I'm learning to bake gluten free breads and cookies. Mmm! Does anyone else here bake gluten or lactose free?