Thread: One Year Birthday Party Ideas

One Year Birthday Party Ideas

My baby will be turning one soon and I wanted to throw her a birthday party. The only thing is, I'm not sure what kind of activities we should do. After all, she's only gonna be one, so it's not like there's much they can do. Any ideas?

Most of the 1st birthday parties are for the family more than for the actual child. You have to have activities for the ages of the kids invited. We did a nice birthday party with all pink decorations and she looked great in all the pictures, but she really wasn't into any activities other than going from one person to the other because she loved being held.

We just had one for my daughter. We did a couple little activities. One was we made her a birthday banner. I bought a roll of white paper, Cut off a long piece. I wrote Happy Birthday on it, then got stickers and crayons for everyone to decorate it. We hung it up when we were finished. It came out very cute and took about 20 minutes. We had a bounce house for the bigger kids to play on, and we decorated our own cupcakes.

Everyone here always has such great ideas to share, and they are all wonderful! Here is something that a friend did and it was just priceless! They had two birthday cakes. Two cakes? I thought, then I understood why. One cake was for all the people who came to the party to cut up and serve. The second one was for the blessed one year to do with as they wished! The mess was unreal, but the pictures were priceless. Can you image that along with the banner that Keeper 12 suggested? Put that together with activities for the other children, and you will have a first birthday to remember. Enjoy it, they all grow up so fast.

I agree with Chiquita, it would be for the invited kids more than for your baby herself. What about going for a themed birthday party? You can find some ideas for a themed birthday party for kids on this blog: partyperfectblog[dot]blogspot[dot]com.

Thanks everyone for the wonderful birthday ideas! I am so excited and I can't wait to have this party for her. Now I need to figure out where I will have the party. Also, I think a theme party would be great! She loves Disney's Lion King Trilogy. Lol

The one thing I remember about my first birthday was the cake. My mother had gotten be a birthday cake with a barbie in the middle of it. I loved it and I still remember it 27 years later. I agree with everyone else activities are for the older guests rather than the one year but I would make a cake and decorations of things your one year seems to love.

Those are all great birthday ideas! The first birthday is special, so I would make sure that the cake is special, like Tilly said. I am a cake freak so the neater the better! I am sure whatever you decide will be great! Just remember to have fun and do not get stressed. It's about your daughter and her special day!

I thought about it some more and I think I will be definitely buying her two separate cakes. I think it would be so cute to have pictures of her with the cake all over her face. Thank you guys so much for the ideas!

Administrator
    Hey Lena, So how did it go!? Do you have pictures from the party you can show us? You know, if you don't post pictures, it never really happened.

@Tilly, I'm surprised you can remember anything from your first b-day party. That's quite a memory you have there!