Thread: How many ways to cook chicken?

Administrator

How many ways to cook chicken?

Hey guys,

I know there are a ton of chicken recipes out there, so I'm curious...how many ways do you know of to cook chicken?

I have made these:

1. Chicken soup
    2. Baked soy chicken (for lack of a better title)
    3. Oriental dill/sesame oil chicken
    4. Yellow chicken curry
    5. Gluten free spinach pizza with goat cheese & grilled chicken

Mmm, this is making me hungry! :licking:

The old standard ways, such as fried chicken, rotisserie chicken, grilled chicken, BBQ chicken are our most frequently used recipes, and really quick and simple.

Administrator
    I need to get a decent grill!

Briana, we currently have a very small LPG grill just for the 2 of us, but in the past we've used charcoal and natural gas grills, also. They all do a good job. Of course we have some Louisiana Cajun friends that we haven't seen now in a number of years, but we always liked Cajun cooking. And that lady said she puts a little red pepper on all meats and in all but 2 vegetables (and I've forgotten what those two were:laughing. Anyway, we learned from them that chicken, cut into pieces as you would for frying, sprinkled with nothing but red pepper and cooked on the grill is very tasty. I also like to make a "chef's salad" with the usual lettuce, tomato, hard boiled egg, and grated cheese (a little grated carrot and a bit of broccoli and cauliflower goes good, too). But then instead of cold ham and/or turkey as most restaurants use, I like to cut up boneless chicken breasts in bit sized pieces, fry them in a little olive oil, sprinkle them liberally with red pepper while they're cooking, then put them in the salad while still hot. I then prefer Ranch dressing, while my wife prefers Thousand Island.

Administrator
    That sounds delicious! Thanks for that grilling tip - I wouldn't have guessed to use red chilli pepper...

From what I've noticed, almost everything tastes great when you grill it. I'll have to give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Briana View Post
    That sounds delicious! Thanks for that grilling tip - I wouldn't have guessed to use red chilli pepper...

From what I've noticed, almost everything tastes great when you grill it. I'll have to give it a try.
    Not chili pepper or powder; ground red (cayenne) pepper.

Administrator
    Oh that's what my label says, but yes, it is cayenne. A pepper that has great health benefits, by the way.

How about beer can chicken? Lots of recipes out there; I like to cook it on the Big Green Egg, minus the beer can! I rub my chicken down with my favorite BBQ dry rub, put in a baking bag over night...or you can just use lemon pepper. Allowing the chicken to sit overnight in the frige, in my opinion, really enhances the flavor. I cook it at about 250 degrees for about 2 and 1/2 to 3 hours, depending on how big it its and which smoker I'm using. I also use a mixture of Mesquite, Blackjack and either Pecan or Hickory wood for the smoke. I guarantee you will get raves! I also have a Weber Smoky Mountain smoker that uses a water pan, which moderates the heat and seems to retain the moisture in the chicken. Try it you'll like it! P.S. I make my own BBQ dry rub. Recipe free for the asking!