Thread: Just anoyher day in paradise

Just anoyher day in paradise

I have not posted on this site in years, A lot of things have changed over the years except my love of family and farm, here is just one example of how I keep my sanity in this crazy country , just some good hard work :
    3 days of haying , 400 + Square Bales, 39 - 800lb + Round Bales SHOULD GET ME TRU Winter, Thank GOD for good neighbors who had all the machinery to make this possible, my little tractor been working for weeks at my neighbors getting their hay in, now it was my turn. it works for me
    Buck
    My tractor is not a toy, its one of many tools of the trade

Administrator
    Wow, you sure have been keeping busy! Cool pictures and nice piece of land there. :thumbsup:

Greetings, Nice round bales. The cost of hay is way up in many parts of the contry. The price at a feed store is $16 or higher. We have no pasture and pay $8 in large quantities. We just bought another ranch in nevada where we plan to seed a pastrue. Good luck.

.......................... UPDATE for the 2012 hay season

54 round bales (39 in 2011) and 495 (400 in 2011)small squares, big improvement over last years numbers AGAIN Thank GOD for good neighbors who had all the machinery to make this possible, my little mahindra 4110 did great and was in the field with the big boys, pulling hay wagons , stacking round bales , overall

......................................" Just Another Day in Paradise"
    Buck

Quote Originally Posted by valley View Post
    Greetings, Nice round bales. The cost of hay is way up in many parts of the contry. The price at a feed store is $16 or higher. We have no pasture and pay $8 in large quantities. We just bought another ranch in nevada where we plan to seed a pastrue. Good luck.
    At those prices, I should sell my livestock and sell this hay ! You guys out west (Nevada ) are getting hit hard with the drought, we are lucky here in Central NY its dry but not in severe drought, hope you guys gets some relief soon from this drought
    Buck