<font color="blue">No need to get defensive. </font color>

Sorry I came off as sounding defensive, Richard. I was just trying to explain, but I get long-winded at times [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Both my Dad and Father-in-law were physicians, so I have been exposed to the standards you refer to.

I think the difference in perspective has something to do with that physicians are being trained as healers, and a definite respect for the human body is being instilled there, sort of in line with the Hippocratic oath. Therefore, medical schools make a big deal about the "sanctity" of the cadaver.

This is not to say that law enforcement officers do not respect the cadaver as well, but that their primary concern is to treat the remains as evidence, with all of the court-imposed rules that go along with that, such as chain of custody, etc.

Coming from a medical training background as you do, I can appreciate how you would be surprised about other uses for cadavers.

I did not really do the Body Farm justice, and it's in Knoxville, not Chattanooga. Here is a really good article from CNN about it.