A year and a half ago we started looking for property - tired of being packed into a subdivision. Several months ago we started to realize our dream when we bought 12 acres of prime cow pasture. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Today I came home and reflected a bit on the miles, time, hard work, and money that it took to get us to this point:
Temporary electric power is in.
Well and septic are in.
Fencing and gates are done.
Pad for pole barn is done.
House area is scraped down.

Within the next 2 weeks the pole barn should be up and our house builder will start putting the foundation forms in place.
LIFE IS GOOD and I feel very blessed to be able to share it with a great wife and good friends.

Of course we will have our trials and difficulties, but there is a good thing about feeling like you are accomplishing something worthwhile.

That's it - just wanted to ramble a bit about all this. I knew that you folks here would understand and remember when you first started on your own property. We'll be in the subdivision until the new house is done and my neighbors think we are NUTS to move so far away from "civilization" [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] !!!