Are you building it yourself? YES

Am I doing it all alone? NO

Paul, I've been the GC of this project from the beginning. Land clearing, driveway building, excavation, concrete work, septic installation, well drilling, grading. I also did the floorplan layout along with the other design decisions.

As for building the structure for the most part there has been 4 guys workin' on it. There's me, plus I've contracted with my friend Mike whose been workin in the building trades over the past 25 yrs, Mike brings with him his son, Jim. He's 24, and another young man about the same age as Jim also named Mike. 2 Mikes. Now that leads to one small problem in that the younger Mike is so large a young man its just seems not fitting to call him "little" Mike and refer to Jim's dad as "big" Mike This is especially funny since dad is the smaller of us all and of course if you call him "young" Mike then that would make the other mike "old" Mike. No good either. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Sometimes ya just can't win.

For certain I can't cover all the bases especially livin' 200 mi away. I try to be there 4 days a week for sure, though lately its been more like 10+ days in row. The house is going to have vinyl siding and pre-painted metal coil stock trim. This part has been sub-contracted out. I've got plans for me and Jim to do all the household wiring. Jim's trained and apprenticed in electricity. Now the wife has plans too! Said she can help install the insulation, but draws the line at sheetrock! Well, we'll just have see were it goes from there. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Btw, Here's a pic from the day we were installing all the windows. That's Jim on the scaffold.

DFB