The kids wanted a gocart. The wife wanted a 4-wheeler. I wanted a Gator. We bought an electric golf cart. Quiet, maintenance free, turf friendly, has a canopy, packs a payload. Can't imagine how I ever did without it. We've had a blast customizing it. CD player, lights, drink & water coolers, gun & rod racks, toolboxes, trailer hitch, and a tilting bed in back. It rolls with a purpose every day. Goes to the mailbox, open and close distant gates, haul feed & hay to different pastures, roundup livestock. Have a big project.. just load it up with tools and materials and go. Tows my little flatbottom no problem. I've even been hauling half ricks of firewood on a small trailer out of the woodlot with it. It hasn't been tested yet in muddy conditions and I know I'm going to want to lift it and put big knobbies on it the first time I get stuck this winter. Anybody else have experience with offroad customizations of these vehicles? I don't really want it to go much faster and do NOT want to loose any torque with larger tires. Is my only option knobby tires of the same circumference? A hi-lo range would be SWEET but I can't find anything available of the sort.