Well, I've finally landscaped my yard and planted grass. Lots of Kubota time! Anyway, with the new grass comes new responsibilities, namely cutting it neatly and easily. My lawn has too many obstacles to consider a mid-mount on my 2910, so I need to replace the old riding mower with a new one. This is where I want some advice.

I don't want a push mower, as Texas summers are too hot, and speed of mowing is a factor. All told, I'm probably talking about 1/3 acre or so to maintain, all in Bermuda grass. I know I want hydrostat/automatic, and I think I want foot controlled, so's I can still drink my beverage. Durability is an issue, particularly axles because of some uneven terrain, but I don't need commercial-grade. The deck can't be too wide . . . my current mower is 38" and that's plenty, sometimes too wide to get between stuff. I've seen a neat little rider called a Lawn Bug I believe, but don't know much about them.

So here's the question finally [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] , does anyone have some guidance on a mower like this? Fairly small, durable, auto/hydro, and not a ton of $? I'd like to stay under $1,500 if that's possible, but would probably fork over $2k if necessary.