This weekend was opening day for guns/deer here in GA. About 3 pm on Sat I heard my step-son, Kris, shoot. Waited a minute, flicked on the radio to confirm. Yep, he'd shot at a hog down in the swamp. A few minutes later, he called for help to find it. After quite a while of not seeing any blood, hair or dead pigs, we wandered out. As there was still a bit of light left, and everybody else was hunting far away, we decided to walk the loop road. Right past the "shelf stand" there at 33, we heard something inside the loop. Easing along, Kris motioned to stop and pointed up an old trail. There was a pig 10-15 yards out walking right at us, he raised his rifle, then I noticed another pig back about 80 yards. The front one saw us, stopped (and did something like [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] ) then took a 7 mag in the head. This casued the back one to take note, and as I was beading in, Kris & I shot one after another. The pig jumped forward, and I wound up with a gut shot - Yutz! Anyhow, it was great fun, and a special thanks to Freddie for staying late and giving a lesson to us all on carving up a pig! In fact, we just ate some backstrap off the grill - mmm, mmm, Good!!