I'm contemplating getting a new pickup. Right now I have a 1/2 ton Chevy 2WD with a 350 gas engine and I want to get a 4WD. I'm assuming none of the manufactures put diesel engines in a 1/2 ton pickup, is that true? I really don't need a 3/4 ton, but would consider it if the fuel economy would be enough better to make it cost about the same to drive as a 1/2 ton 350 gas. So, I'm probably going to go with a gas engine again. But, before I make a final decision, I'll give the diesel folks a chance to speak out! What are the pros and cons of diesel vs gas in a light truck? I do not need or want a 1 ton, so if they don't put diesels in anything lighter, then I guess the discussion is already over. I don't live a real cold climate, so the cold weather cons of a diesel are not a big deal, but I would still like to hear what they are. I also don't plan to do any really heavy towing. The most weight I would tow would be a trailer with my Jeep or my TC29D tractor with an implement, so the most I would tow is about 3200lbs plus the weight of the trailer.