Hi guys.

Still working on the porch...a lot of progress has been made, roof is now finally on.

The roof is a almost flat roof, 1 foot of rise in 12 feet, so I went with a rolled roof material with liberal amounts of roofing cement in between layers, and in addition I covered the entire roof first with ice/water shield.

I might be beating this to death, but I am not happy with the way the roof looks and don't have a lot of hope that I have done everything I could to prevent leaking in the future.

My question is, after I have installed the rolled roofing, for whatever reason, perhaps my inexperience or perhaps because thats the way its supposed to look, the rolled roof layers don't lay completely flat on top of each other, so I am worried about leaking.

Now I am wondering if I should nail all of the exposed "seams" and put some sort of "overcoat" of tar/cement on top of all the nails to prevent water from being driven up under the layers.

The roof can't really be seen from anywhere, except when you are working on it, so I am not to particular about how it looks...just don't want any nasty leaks this winter.

Question is, is nail all the seams and the putting another layer of tar/cement along the seams a good thing to do, or am I asking for trouble?

If I had to do it all over (and I may have to if it leaks), I think I should have gone with some sort of hi-tech membrane systme or else a hot mopped tar roof...

Suggestions on where to go from here? [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]