Here's the Mule 550 my wife finally talked me into (well, I wanted it too). Pretty cool. Does a whopping 20 mph.

However, the buying experience sucked!!

After looking at the machine 2 weeks ago and doing some research I called from my office 60 miles away and offered $5200, which they accepted. Drove to the dealership, and while they assembled the machine from a crate, the salesman brought out a sheet showing the $5200 is big characters, and a place to sign the offer, which I did.

Finally made it to the business manager to close the deal, he showed me the invoice. It started with $5200, then added $369 for freight and $225 for assembly. So the price is not $5200, its about $5800! Their explanation is that these vehicles always have freight, and Kawasaki sets the setup fee at $225. I say fine, why didn't you tell me up front? I am still sour on the deal, but wanted to get it done, so went ahead and did the deal after they finally waived the $225 assembly fee.

I looked back at the sheet I signed, and sure enough it said $5200 + TTLFP. I had taken that to me sales taxes of which I am exempt and title. Turns out the F stands for freight and the P stands for prep I guess. The salesman NEVER mentioned either of these two.

Based on the prices I found on the internet, I suspect that this is standard for ATVs, but this should be brought to the buyers attention. What would you think if you checked out at Walmart and they wanted you pay a freight surcharge? Not gonna happen.

Oh, well, I really like the little vehicle. Drove it back across the creek into the back 12 acres in the trees in the dark and scared up some rabbits. Fun.