My wife and recently purchased a little house on 5 acres. I asked the previous owners if they had the septic pumped (they bought, partially cleared and built on the land).

Mrs. Previous Owner said that to her knowledge they never had. She stated that all she remembers is the company having to dig "16 fingers."

Mr. Previous owner (at a different time than when I spoke w/ his Mrs) said that the system was "maintenance free" and that there was "no tank only a leach field."

Neither remembered the company who installed the system, nor did they have any documentation on the system.

I did a search on this board and at tractorbynet, but didn't find much.

My question is whether this info is correct or just a case of inattention on the part of the previous owners? Also, if it the case that there is only a leach field what can I do to keep things flowing (so to speak)?

If it helps I live north east of Oklahoma City and from where the previous owners pointed the leach field is about 125' slightly downhill from the house.

Any info would be appreciated as I'm used to flushing and letting the city worry about the rest.

Clint