The gunsmith was closed today, so I won't be able to get my rifle in there until Wednesday. Glad to here its probably not dangerous. If I had a clue as to how to get it apart I would do it, but since it might need some work related to the firing pin, I'll just let him take a look at it.

As for the quality of the ammo, my son-in-law had no trouble shooting those same shells in his .22 rifle. I guess this could mean the shells aren't as good as others I've had, but his has a stronger firing pin spring.

Just so happens I have now located a box of 550 LR hollow point .22 shells that got lost in a move a couple of years ago. So I have about 900 or so shells to shoot. Now if I just had my gun working.....

I'm also good on .357 cartridges, with almost 5 full boxes of 50. Next time, I will run a few .38 specials through it.

By the way, my .357 is a Colt Trooper Mark III. My dad had it I don't know how long, but he seldom ever shot it. He qualified for his Texas concealed license with a 9mm semi-automatic, so I don't think he even took this one to class. He died at age 80 more than 3 years ago. Anyway, this gun has sentimental value to me, and I hope to leave to my son.

Thanks for all the help. I have learned more from this board than I could from any of the gun boards I have visited.

I'll keep yall posted on what they say about my .22.