Of all the things I hate to face, this takes the cake! We rent out a cottage to a very active mini-woman. (Hikes, bikes, skis, runs, swims, snowshoes and looks like a 4'10" Demi Moore with horrible taste in men!) Anyway, she's away so much that without the woodstove going the pipes have been on the verge of freezing all winter. So we put heat lamps on the critical sections when she's out, but now it turns out she's not home enough to generate enough to keep the septic happy! [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] The line from the cottage to the septic field froze, and the snow is pretty deep over the field, i.e., not much sign of biological action.

Worse, the local plumbers are "not accepting new customers" because of all the frozen pipes they have to deal with. One of them thinks he can reach us by Wednesday. I think when this is all over we might need to rewrite the lease. Can I require a tenant to poop at home on a regular basis..? [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Pete