I have about 10 acres of what was mostly hay field before I bought the place. When I bought it, the whole place had been cut to look like a golf course. The first year, I cut the whole shebang with a finishing mower, and because it was my first year with a tractor I actually enjoyed it. The second year, it began to get old, and a neighbor cut one field, maybe 3 acres, for hay and got six round bales. I was happy to get it cut and just let him have the hay. I don't even know what the main grass species is, much less the quality of the hay, but it looks pretty much like other hay fields in this area. This year, I'd really like to find someone to cut about 4 acres total for the hay, if it could be cut for the value of the hay. That is, I don't look to make money, but I don't want to pay to get it cut if the hay is worth enough to make it worthwhile. The neighbor who cut it last year is getting on in years and isn't interested. Is it likely I could find someone who would be interested in such a small acreage, even if the hay is free for the cutting?

Chuck