I just kept asking around with people I knew to see if anyone had any 1/2" & 3/4" black pipe and, lo and behold, the brother of a friend says he has some 1/2" I can have, but no 3/4" at all. He then asks if there's any way I could use 1" as he has a big pile of it in 21' lengths he's tired of looking at that he'd love to see disappear.

I told him what I was planning and he, like you guys here, told me that the full 1" would be better. He then asks me if I have a threader, which, of course, I don't and he tells me that's no problem because I'm welcome to his. He even suggested that some cold beer at my jobsite might have that threader include an operator, too. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I like the idea of a closed system (Loop) and it would work great in my barn. My compressor is in one corner and I could just run the perimeter and maybe even run a couple lines across from end to end, too. At 21' lengths it would only take four for each run in either direction. I could have a boxed tic-tac-toe board pattern with only 32 pieces. That would get me nine boxes of about 24' x 27' from which to run my 1/2" drops. Just running the perimeter in an enclosed loop as you mentioned would only take sixteen pieces. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for that idea. It makes perfect sense and I'd never have even considered it had you not brought it up here. Just one more example of why the TBN/CBN combo is the best place on the Internet. You guys are GREAT! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]