Just how armored are armadillos? Will there tough armor deflect a grazing bullet? I got off a couple shots at fairly close range with no apparrent effect other than continued motivation to depart the area. I'm not the best shot in the world with a pistol but I can routinely do better on smaller targets at equal or greater range.

I had a close and easy stationary broadside shot but asked the land owner for permision and the armadillo didn't wait for me to get the OK so I let the varmint run to the edge of the pasture because once in the brush they usually slow down as they feel less exposed. I approached and shot twice then put the gun away to avoid needless expenditure of ammo and making noise with no visible results.

I don't know how the armadilo felt but I was a bit embarrassed since I like to think I am a better shot with my regular carry piece than that. Hence my curiosity about the ability of an armadillo's armor to deflect a grazing shot. The shots were end on and could easily have not been dead center but I thought the probability of two misses at that range to be small. Oh well.

Side note: Not a comforting performance and to add insult to injury my baby glock with less than 200 rnds through it jammed on the second shot (first ever jam), did not eject the spent round after multiple attempts to recycle the slide and ejector and neccessitated being cleared with my leatherman.

Pat