hello all- I am new here, to this site and to country living, and I'm very glad to have a place to read, learn and ask and possibly share infomation about my new life. I have well water and use a filter cartridge but I am getting stains in my tubs, sinks and toilets.... also my toilet tank is very stained. I'm wondering if anyone has found a miracle cure for this.... preferably a natural alternative to chemicals as I really don't want to contaminate my septic system nor the ground water. I have used baking soda to clean my sinks, it works well, and I have used vinegar in my tub, it works sort-of well but not totally. I'm getting green and brown stains, if that helps.....also one bath is porcelain and the other is a fiberglass shower/tub insert. I am also concerned about our new "city water" that is coming to our town....we are all REQUIRED to "tap in".....Will this chlorinated water un-balance my septic? I have heard chlorine is not good for septic systems, is this true or do they just mean the kind in regular household bleach?
Thank you for anyhelp you can offer.