Jerry, when I bought that 10 acres in the country, there were no codes, inspections, etc. beyond what the electric co-op required, and their specifications only included the pole, weatherhead and conduit from the top of the pole to the meter and beyond that, anything you want to do. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] So just below the meter was a 100 amp panel (when I opened it, the "cover plate" (not sure of the name) was missing. There was a 100 amp breaker and wires from that breaker to the 100 amp panel inside the mobile home. Then from that same breaker was 12-2 romex running directly to an electric water heater (he had replaced the original gas water heater with an electric one and didn't know how to wire it). Then, in addition to the 100 amp breaker in the main panel, there was a 70 amp breaker with what I believe was 8 gauge stranded aluminum wiring running to a 200 amp panel in the workshop (lots of breakers in that panel). And from one 30 amp breaker in that 200 amp panel was 12-2 romex in PVC about 4" deep running out to the barn. That breaker was off and would kick off immediately if you tried to reset it (I found that the PVC he used for conduit was full of water and he didn't have a continuous wire, but instead had spliced it just by twisting the wires together and wrapping them with some black tape. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

I've seen some scary electrical wiring, but never anything that bad.