Thanks everyone,
We are way too far into the woods to "run for gas, diesel, etc" everytime we need it which is why I want to "store, get a supply of my own, etc". We use regular gas for the snowblower, diesel for the tractor, regular for the saw, regular for the truck, regular for the generator.
That's like a lot of regular, come to think of it. What I'm thinking of [ any input appreciated ]is to get the standard 275 gallon home fuel tank for the regular storage and a 55 gallon drum for the diesel. Ofcourse, on a secure solid pad.
With this "reserve" we won't have to keep running out for 5 gallon pails of the stuff. We'd waste more getting it than if stored at the homestead.
I'd use a second drum, 55 gallon, as the transfer tank.
Hey any problem if I got diesel fuel with the drum, then got regular, you know use only one transfer tank for both but making sure that it was emptied before using for another type fuel? Would a few drops mixed make a big deal for the respective engines?
Oh on another note; It is great having a forum as this where people can come to get ideas, share experiences, and ponder the unthinkable. Bird I enjoy very much reading of all your "experiences"
It's a pleasure everyone, Beetlebrain [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]