Gary et al, I have shot the CCI blue plastic bullet shaped rounds filled with shot and other brands with elongated casings crimped on the ends. At least one brand (I don't recall which) of the "shot" shells were actually filled with a small bundle of fine wire (flechettes?) which were devastating at really close range but had the aeordynamics of toothpicks. The fine wire version had the least capacity for collateral damage since the energy bled off so quickly at extended ranges. You wouldn't be blowing holes in the shed/barn roof with those!

NONE of these various styles really "print" well in my experience and at extended ranges posted above in this thread there were considerable "holes" without covereage. Maybe I wasn't lucky to have a gun that just happened to do well with shot shells.

Gary, $200 for the Mo-Skeet-O might be cheaper than the gunsmith suggestions. Was it singleshot, repeater, autoloader or what?

My most recent bill (last week) at the gunsmith was $200 and all he did was turn down the last 1/2 inch of two muzzles, thread them for 1/2 x 28 for a distance of 0.4 inches and make a thread protector to screw on to replace the removed material, AND reset the front sights back behind the threaded portion.

This is pretty simple machining. Nothing complicated. I could get it done better for less but with shipping and insurance it was a wash so I chose to support my local craftsperson so he may be there for me another time.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]