Hi: [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I am new to this forum so please excuse me.

Recently my fiance and I moved from an area where all was public. Now in the country we have well water, I never knew what trouble it could be.

When we first moved in there was no smell and no yellow color in the water. After living in the house for a couple of months there was a yellowing in the water (toilets were noticable only), and then when I did white laundry (hot water), boy did I receive a surprise. The end result was all the whites were now beige. At this point I did all whites in cold water as this did not produce the yellowing.

Shortly after this I was taking a shower one morning and noticed the rotten egg smell, I thought one of the dogs had passed wind and thought nothing about it till I was washing dishes and noticed the same order again.

We called someone in to take a look at the system, he said that it was the softner. He also said the prior owner switched out the timer with the softner and iron filter as one was broken. The gentleman fixed the timer and swapped them out and then told us for the yellowing to add a mix of Iron Out and water to the salt container for the softner.

Since then finally we now have no more yellowing, this took 4 months but the egg smell was still there. We jacked up the heat on the water heater which helped a little but our monthly bill was out of control. We broke down and bought a new more efficient water heater. For the last month we have been odor free, until a few days ago, the smell came back and is just as bad but it was not gradual like before. It was subtle one day and strong the next.

Two weeks ago a gentleman came to the door, he was from the town and needed to check the water, as there were problems with dumping years back and they were required by law to check the water. We knew nothing of this from the prior owner. We should have our test results sometime this week. Also the water was tested before we purchsed the house and came out fine.

All in all, our cold water is fine it is perfectly clear with no strange odor.

The hot water is clear but smells bad.

Right now we are very low on funds and time regarding this situation. <font color="blue"> </font color>
I have seen all the information from the postings and my head is spinning for a good direct result.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Amy [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]