Getting ready to add on a 1 story addition to our 2 story home in central PA. I've been reading about a reflective wrap and insulation. The reflective wrap appears to take the place of the conventional house wrap and the interior reflective rolls are some sort of foam that is coated on both sides by a reflective layer....this is then installed with a small air pocket and you can add fiberglass insulation for greater R value. My question is does anybody have knowledge about some of the claims I've seen where as much as 50% of heat loss is radiated loss as compared to air leakage? If this is true would it not make sense to use the reflective approach? I did insulate some homes years ago when in college and remember some firberglass batts that had a reflective layer rather than the kraft faced I've seen lately but nobody seems to know anything about the reflective batts now. [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] We also will be installing a metal roof(the main house has this also) and I've read that a reflective layer below the metal roof will help...but hwat does this relected heat do to the metal roof?