The only area we've insulated, as well as heated, is the tack room. In each stall, 2 sides are solid (no opening to the outside), the side facing the outside has a Dutch door in it and the side facing the aisle has a sliding door with bars on the top half as does the wall. There's no ceiling in the stalls, they are open to the roof. If we need to, we can close and secure the Dutch doors and the doors at the ends of the aisle, but that's it. So, insulating would be impossible but on the other hand, there's plenty of ventilation. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] The barn provides a place to get out of the weather and the wind, but no heat, that's why they grow winter coats. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Over the past few years, my wife has bought winter blankets for each horse. Why, is beyond me, since I think she spends more time looking for them in the pasture or mending them than the horses spend wearing them! Of course I keep these comments to myself. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]