I've begun phase II of our basement finishing. Phase I was pretty basic, a rec room. Phase II will bring my wood shop (yay!) and a bathroom. We have some plumbing roughed in place from the original construction. I can see what appears to be a vent pipe capped from below and there are plenty of water lines to tap into. Of course, my concern is the drain.

There are PVC pipes in the floor already, one is capped with a styrofoam circular cap about 6 inches in diameter at floor level. I assume this is a a toilet flange. Next to it is a small box framed in with lumber. The center, about 12" X 12" is just dirt. Here I assume I'll find a trap for a shower. I don't think there is anything else down there. I can handle all the connections at this end, even moving them if I need to.

What I don't know about is the other end. I do know these drains go to a sump pit by the furnaces. It's an "open" pit with a pump in the bottom. The furnace condensate lines, humidifier, softener and floor drain all run into this pit as well. It works well enough today but I don't want bathroom waste running into an open pit. I assume I'll have to convert it to a sealed system of some sort with a sewage sump pump. This is where I am clueless. What do I need to do/look for to accomplish this?

I can provide more info and pics if necessary. I'm a couple months of weekends away from plumbing anyway as I just started the framing.

TIA [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]