Probably more like 1/2 - 3/4 mile.

My well guy is the one who has taken care of this parcel since after Moses. The setup was built way before Moses.

My well guy doesn't jump for joy with the setup either, but both of us admit that I get about 12 gpm at the 2500 gal tank inlet. So we count our blessings.

The alternative of messing with old PVC laid along old country roads isn't pleasing. That line goes under a wash and under a small junkyard. With mean dogs guarding over it. Then we would have to deal with angry neighbors who never forgave you for that time in 2002 when you accidentally let their dog out.

Etc.

That well extension line up to the new 5000 gal tank goes down hill and then up hill, with no more than a 20-50' net gain in elevation. My wife just called to tell me that water is making it over to the new tank. Probably less than 12 gpm, right?

I don't know what the pressure loss is anywhere on my farm. We don't have much demand for personal usage - irrigation is another matter.

There are 2 tenants and ourselves out there from time to time. So maybe 6 people at the most. If all of the sprinklers are on and everyone is taking a bath in their 60 gallon soaking tubs, I notice a drop in pressure. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Seriously, it is a small system and we will notice pressure changes as folks do things with outside hoses etc.

My wife is testing out the long pressurized line - now only on the one old booster pump. (That one which is fed by the 2500 gallon tank.) It is indeed feeding some pretty long lines now. So I'm anxious to hear about what's going on there.

Using water that comes from the ground has a bit of miracle about it.

Martin