One of our dogs has recently been to see our vet so this is just to see if anyone has a 2nd idea.

We've all seen a dog do the "body shake" when they're wet. They'll shake their whole body AND perhaps at the end, keep their head shaking a bit, almost violently yet it's with specific intention.

Otis seems to have this head (only) shaking syndrome. Mind you all his shots are up to date, I took him to see our vet perhaps 8 weeks ago about this VERY issue and he could find nothing. He gave Otis a box of prednazone to take over a week... (I hate doing that proceedure, such a pain)

Anyways, the pills ran out, his head shaking continues. Last week, went back to same vet for his annual checkup/shots and all seems fine. Dr. even asked again about his head shaking and checked his ears again.

Here are the "symptoms"

Otis will be standing/sitting/laying down and just shake his head as though it were soaking wet (violently, yet with intent as mentioned above). He won't shake his body, just his head. He DOES NOT scratch at his head. We thought he might have fleas/mites/other in his ears which I guess is still possible but I'd expect our Vet to have noticed that.

During the night, poor Otis will be up almost all night with this intermittent and determined head shaking. Sometimes, he'll do it every 60/90 seconds for 10 minutes...then perhaps do nothing for 30 minutes.

Since he has floppy ears, they make the flop sound as he does it which helps to wake ME up during the night.

So, not only am I laying in bed feeling bad at his apparent discomfort (and again, he's NOT scratching at his ears/head at all) but I'm also feeling my OWN discomfort for not being able to keep a good sleep going.

I have a little video of this but as I found out, it's something like 13 mb's in size [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] . I didn't know my little digital camera would even HOLD something like that.

So, He's been to the Vet 2 times in last say, 10 weeks, everything "seems" find/dandy, yet he continues his tortured head shake at all times of the day. Given I'm not at home during the day, I'd venture to say it's worse at night. No evident signs of fleas/other in his head.

Is that symptomatic of anything that my vet might be missing? Should I ask doc to take a head scan?

Thanks for any thoughts