Is anyone familiar with this? Just came across it in a homesteading article, and am somewhat concerned (probably will be more so after doing more research) as I am getting ready to start a small beef operation with my son. It is not a law yet, but I guess big agribusinesses are quite interested in getting it through. Would appreciate hearing what you might have heard. The following is from the article I read. Because it is late night and I am tired, haven't followed up much, but don't like what I am reading from the "gov" site. Thanks, Chris

Here’s how NAIS will operate. On the individual level, your home (including your name, address, telephone number, and Global Positioning Satellite coordinates) will have to be registered with the Government. Your livestock—every fish, fowl, cow, hog, sheep, pigeon, etc.—will have to be registered. Your animals may have to be electronically tagged so they can be tracked by satellite. They may also have to have blood drawn so they can be identified by their DNA. They may even have to have retinal scans. Agribusinesses, promoters of the system, will have it easier than the individual: they’ll register their stock in lots, i.e, one entry covers a herd