Well, I was getting tired of spraying Roundup on the weeds in the gravel driveway and on the garlic that's growing up in the landscape beds. And my wife had the nerve to complain when the Roundup killed a few extra plants here and there. [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

So I started looking at weed burners. These are LARGE propane torches fed by a gas grill type of propane bottle. A disposable bottle like you use for a Berzomatic would probably last two or three minutes at most.

I went with Harbor Freight because it was available locally and though listed at $47 in the store I was able to get it for $25 by having their website printout. It has a pizeo elecric igniter and a TURBO lever on the handle. Hose is about 6-7 feet long.

Took it home and hooked it to my spare 20Lb tank. Fired right up. And when you squeeze the TURBO lever it gets loud! Sounds like an F-15 getting ready to take off.

Burned some weeds without starting any fires I couldn't stamp out with my size 13 feet.

Satisfied with it's performance so far. Looks a little light duty for commercial use, but for around the homestead it looks to be fine. Now I need to see if any of the neighbors need their charcoal grills lit this weekend. Also need to find a good way to transport the 20Lb propane tank, or get a smaller tank. Maybe a 10Lb unit.