I had ordered 150 sweet potatoe plants back in Feb. My wife really likes them with maple syrup and I figured I'd give them a try. Well every time I checked the Gurney's website they were saying a different shipping date, some showing shipment in July. that would be way to late since I could be harvesting them in a snow storm so I cancelled the order late May. Well they showed up in the mail yesterday!! Called Gurney's to find out what to do. They showed the order as cancelled and told me to keep them and watch my credit card if I get charged I'll call them back. The only place I had to plant these was a ways from the house on the other side of my sugar bush where some power lines run through my property. I had plowed the area up a month ago to get it ready. Last night I went back over and ran the plow through it a couple more times and the box blade to level it off. When I got there there was 2 deer and it got me to thinking. Do deer like sweet potatoes? How about rabbits and woodchucks? It's not legal to shoot in that area, that part of the property is in the village but a 22 with shorts is pretty quiet and would work good for the small stuff. Any suggestions? ideas?

Thanks
Greg