Got up this morning, used the restroom, and discovered I had no water! It was still dark when I got up, so outside I go to find the problem. Luckily the multimeter has a backlit display. I find 220V all the way to the well casing. Horses are hovering all around me trying to help, but sadly I have voltage all the way to the main wires going to the pump. At this point my mood changes since I know I can't do this myself. The pump is 65' down inside a 3" casing. That pipe with water is going to be way too heavy for me to pull up. I call the well guy, and he confirms my fears. Gotta pull the motor up, not sure of cost yet since he didn't know which kind of pump I had. He had a nice setup to pull the pump out, and after removing three section of pipe, he gets the pump out. He checks it by connecting 220 to it, and it is shot. It is a 22GPM 3" submersible pump. Cost to replace plus labor is around $1,700. He offers me a 16GPM pump for a little less, but my wife already complains about pressure loss when she has the washer, tub, dishwasher, and shower going. 3 kids who get dirty a lot tend to consume lots of water, and plenty of dirty laundry. Anyway, I tried to price 3" 22GPM pumps, but I couldn't find too many to price. So, does this $1700 sound like a fair price for Florida? When you have no water, almost any price seems fair! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks,

Joe