Not like you would find a crackhead on the golf course, but...

I think watching golf on tv is the best sleep aid known to man.
With this said, I told a friend... someone that I thought was a friend (from out of state), that any idiot can hit a stupid little ball down the fairway. [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]
He responded with, Golf will humble even the greatest of men and this is "THE" game of games that you will love to hate.

Of course I laughed him... He sent me a beginners set and told me to prove him wrong... this was last month.
I remember getting this set and directly walking outside... I believe it took me like 6 swings even to hit that stupid little ball and when I did make contact, the ball went completely in another direction from where I was standing.. [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
I conceded that this idiot cannot hit that stupid ball [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

I have since constructed a driving net out of a tree tarp and have played 3 - 9 hole games of golf and I'm hooked.

My very first game on any golf course, I shot a 61 and beat a friend that was having a terrible day, by 4 strokes.

My second game with another friend on a different course, I again shot a 61 and lost by 2 strokes, but only because I over shot the green @ 9th hole and the ball was went under a piece of greens equipment. [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
Otherwise I would have tied him or even won [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

My 3rd game I played horrible, a 64... [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

I am finding myself already looking to replace the k-mart special clubs for something that will allow me to learn to shoot rather than fighting the ball.

I've bought a new putter (after trying out about a dozen other styles, shapes and sizes), a nice V-Rod Mallet.
I went to Dick's Sport and did the simulator thing and undoubtedly I need a new driver. The one I have is like half the size of the 460cc. I'm looking for something moderately priced used one. I'm looking at the Cobra M Speed.

The current driver is like where the hell is the sweet spot on this thing ? When I hit it straight in has no loft... when I have loft... I slice the hell out of the ball.. [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]
Obviously I'm fighting these clubs...

I'm telling you, this game is worse than watching a crackhead going down to road of no return... and just as expensive... [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
My so called friend from out of state ? I've renamed him as my golfing pimp and would you believe he is already talking smack..? Yea... He wants me to take a trip to the great northeast for the weekend so he can beat me at golf.. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Anyone else subjecting themselves to such self-torcher [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]