Bird, The 5 cent per game per cue of eight ball was in the early 60's at Edmond (Central State.) Since it was in a student union building and not a commercial for profit venture it is likely it was cheaper.

A buddy of mine and I played in the interior of Baja on a table illuminated with multiple Coleman lanterns. Eight was a fixed price per cue per game but rotation was a charge per unit time. We played for a couple hours both 8 and rotation and our tab was about $.85 or the same as a delicious full supper at the near by eatery.

I know very little in fact about tables. I know the felt wears and tears and they have to be level and the cushions can wear and not bounce true and need to be replaced but as far as brands go... if you held a gun to my head I could name Brunswick and then stutter and mumble a lot. I have seen web sites that will sell you as much of a table as you want for a DIY assembly. One of the sites recommends getting used slate locally and buying other components from them (saves shippin on the slate.)

I know enough to know I don't want flimsy. Consider the traditional Sears good, better best...I don't want good.

I would sure be open to a suggestion about getting a table. I think I want an eight foot table but could be persuaded otherwise by a good rationale.

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]