Wow Bird, That should give enough light for brain surgery. I don't know the foot candles recommended for playing pool. When I was energy conservation officer at SUBASE San Diego and ran around with a light meter I used the data so much I could tell you the light required for delicate electronic t-shooting or walking across a parking lot. Been a while ('84.) I will set up the 4 each 8 footers to be in at least two banks of two each and might even switch another separately so I can use any number of tubes, 1 through 4.

I need to get on that before the table arrives as it will sure be in the way otherwise. My plan is to wire up the 4 each 8 footers and make a test. If at night with all 4 tubes on if it isn't definitely bright enough I will put a couple more tubes up but I suspect 4 will do the deed just fine.

The carpet is glued down commercial grade short pile with no pad. I may try some runners under the periphery of the table to give some more cushioning as the concrete floor gets tiring pretty quick as I'm sure you know.

If you are satisfied with your new brighter tubes (just getting new tubes would have been a significant improvement even if the same size instead of an upgrade) then considering I will have 1/2 of your total lineal feet of tubes mounted right over the table, it should be plenty and I may not need/want to go to high output tubes. We'll see (pun intended.)

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]