[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] A few years ago, a friend called me and said: "Since you are an "electrical guy" and deal with the power company quite a bit, I need your advice." He then went on to tell me that he had purchased a big industrial building in order to set up a machine shop, and after a couple of years he had managed to round up enough equipment like welders, compressors, lathes and mills that he could finally begin doing some work. The building had been vacant for years, and when ownership passed to him, he began getting bills from the power company for 7.50 per month as some sort of minimum billing just for the meter to exist. The building has a 480V three-phase service. So far so good. HOWEVER, when he began running the shop and using electricity, he expected the bill to go up, but nothing changed. So he surmised that he had just missed that billing cycle. Next month same thing, 7.50 dollars. This went on for SEVEN months and he began to get concerned about what to do, he didn't want to get in any kind of trouble, so he called me and asked for my advice. I gave him some advice and he took it. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] WHAT WOULD YOUR ADVICE BE? [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]