[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Waaay last August I was in the right place at the right time to bag a nice, 5 HP, Sanborn, 60 gallon, upright air compressor for free. The motor was only about a year old, but the pump was blamo. The tank check valve had come unscrewed internally and the valve innards fell into the tank. With no check valve the unit drained back through the unloader circuit and restarted against 90 PSI head pressure over and over ad infinitum until the motor finally tripped a breaker. By that time the crank and rods were blamo from starting dry against high head. I bought a new compressor from SURPLUS CENTER in Nebraska for a hundred bucks plus freight, but the late harvest and never-ending winter made it difficult to do much until things warmed up a little. I got the base re-drilled to match the new pump, and made up new piping a couple of weeks ago. Today I finally got the electrical all set up and energized. I'm using a mag starter that I built up with a 24V control circuit so I can run a remote toggle switch. This compressor is in a separate equipment room so to get it on line all I need is to do is flip on the bat-handle toggle switch on the interior wall of the shop. The unit runs nice and smooth with no leaks. This unit replaces a tiny one that I made out of a refrigeration pump taken from a Borden's Ice Cream freezer in 1971. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]