My favorite building magazine had a timely article about these powerful tools in the latest issue. Since I have been doing a lot of fastening and still have a lot more to do working on my barn, I decided to purchase one.

The reviewer in the article liked the 14.4V Lithium Ion models the best due to weight issues. I found some other online reviews and the consensus among the users who worked with the tools was on the 18V Lithium Ion models.

Weighing the reviews and doing some on line pricing, I went with the WL14DL Hitachi 14.4V Lithium Ion tool.

I have had a chance to do some small jobs now and I really am glad to have added this tool to my arsenal. I also happen to have had hernia surgery a few weeks ago so I have not been in the barn with the driver yet but I am looking forward to giving it a good workout.

I had to overcome my own personal taste too. Ever since Hitachi started styling tools to look like athletic shoes, I have ignored them over tools from Milwaukee and Dewault for instance. I really like the way that this tool fits my hand.