Thread: Incorrect post listing

Incorrect post listing

Muhammad,

The past couple of days I have noticed what appears to be a glitch in the system. As the attachment shows, I made the last post in the Photos forum but when I clicked on the thread "Major Pond Dam Repair" it shows that jtd was the last poster. The time is right but the last poster (me) is not listed. It did the same thing when MRB made the post ahead of mine. His name did not appear as the last poster and when I open the forum page it did not show the number of new posts for that particular thread in parentheses. When I click on the thread the new posts are there, they're just not showing up on the forum page. Is this happening to anyone else?
    Chris

Re: Incorrect post listing

Here's the attachment which shows what I am talking about...
    Chris

Let me try that again...
    Chris

One last try...
    Chris

No glitch. When you are looking at the Subject List View the Poster on that page refers to the ORIGINAL poster of the thread.

So, you were the last to post in that Forum (as stated on the Main Index View), but not the originator of the thread of that subject.

I hope that makes sense.
    :: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

Administrator

Yep, that makes sense. [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]
    Muhammad Chishti
    Administrator

Yeah Gatorboy,

I got myself all screwed up making this post. What I initially started out saying was that a few times I have looked at the list of forums and the number on the right side indicated that there were new posts in that forum. But when I would click on that forum none of the threads had a red number in parentheses indicating that there were new posts. This has happened on three different occasions. Somehow I got off on a tangent about the names.

You are correct with your explanation of the initial poster's name but somehow I got it screwed up in my mind while making my post. Gotta stop trying to figure out technical kind of stuff at 2 a.m.! Thanks for getting it right for me. Sorry for the confusing post.
    Chris