Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2003 Dodge (Cummins) HO Quad Cab

Re: 2003 Dodge (Cummins) HO Quad Cab

I have had that melting prospect cross my mind as well [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . I noticed the bulbs are smaller and not near the lens, but I suppose on a hot day if you left them on for a spell you could/might do some damage. I will go into the barn and turn them on for awhile to see what happens and let you know.
    Bayrat

I put a set of the Halogens in my '99 Silverado when I first got it. Like you couldn't see out at night through the windows I had tinted (dark gray leather seats - ouch in the summer). Haven't any problems other than when the sis-in-law hit the side of the truck and the body took the lense out and laid the bulbs on the bumper cover. Melted a hole in the bumper cover. They of course fixed that at their expense. They did make a difference though I'm still maybe thinking about doing something - obviously in no hurry though. It has been 3+ years though I must admit I don't push snow with it. Still trying to figure out how to mount lights to the front to w/o a push bar/grill guard assembly [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

I think if I were going to mount lights on the front I would try the factory package, it would probably look better and fit where it is supposed to. I know they are available for my Dodge, so I am sure GM has them. If the halogens aren't enough, I will probably go with the trailer hitch mount for the rear.
    Bayrat

Already have the factory fog lights. Don't help much. Miss my Hella's that I had on my '97. Now they are just sitting in the shed till I figure it out. Used a brush guard on the '97 (and all of my other trucks for that matter), but haven't seen any I've like on the Silverado. I know not much different body wise but I still don't like the looks of them.

CONGRATS on the Diesel!

I love our Ford Excursion diesel (and the diesel Kubota!). If only I could afford a Ford CC diesel truck to go with it! And maybe a diesel Mercedes . . . And maybe a diesel generator . . . anyone know if I can find a diesel weedeater? [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Enjoy!

Terry

p.s. my oil change requires 15 quarts! [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

I have an 01 HO, 6spd, X-cab Same as you, 20-21 and consistant at it. Can't comment on comparing it to other makes or models as all I've ever had was Dodge p/u. Like those Dodge's. BTW, wife is the same with Chrysler make cars only.

You fellows want any info on Dodge/Cummins go over to the Turbo Diesel Register
    http://www.turbodieselregister.com/