Thread: To a mans heart...

To a mans heart...

is his stomach of course, but this younger generation seem to think you have to go to a restraunt to accomplish this.

Is there anybody else here that feels like I do that the best way to show you care for someone or try to impress them is to cook a meal for them .. any meal cooked by you (man or woman) ?

Andy

Re: To a mans heart...

Without a doubt Handyman. I'm not sure my wife/guests appreciate it as much as I do but when I'm preparing a special meal there is a huge amount of care and pride in it. Far different from the everyday "utility" cooking. My wife does not cook much and doesn't enjoy it. For her to prepare a special meal is more like work. That's OK though as she's better at the utility cooking than I [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Rob

Absolutely! I cook on the weekends, and in seven years of marriage have gotten to know my bride's taste pretty well. It does my heart good to just knock her socks off with some new meal. Nice topic; thanks for bringing it up!

Pete

You betcha. Nothing makes me happier than cooking something special for my wife and friends, whether it's cactus pads sauteed in olive oil, garlic and lime juice, or grilled chicken breasts stuffed with basil, goat cheese and shallots, or even burgers. But of course it's not just the food - there's the anticipation, the preparation, conversation, presentation - the experience as a whole.

Im with you, Plus your already home so all ya have to do is make it to the couch afterwards and not drive home from the restraunt. The wife can do the special dishes after the special meal [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hondo, I'm not sure about the cactus pads, but I can relate to what everyone is saying.

I hear so much about how women don't cook any more, but yet they complain about not being able to find a good man...

Now I understand I'm turning this into a gender topic, but have the old days gone for good ??? For me as a man, its not so much what is cooked, but the special effort that was made in preparing such a meal, any meal even.

I enjoy cooking, I love to surprise my female dinner dates (Being a dedicated confirmed batchler), but I also appreciate a home cooked meal also since I travel conciderably (2-3 weeks at a time).

Have we as a society become so self-involved that something as simple as a simple meal, a showing of effection in a form of caring enough to feed someone, watching them relish in fine dinning whether its eggs benidict or steak sauted in onions and mushrooms or baked Cod with a lemon butter sauce..?

The other Andy [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

When my son was in college, he was recuited by a group of housemates to do the cooking. Both his mother and I cook and he learned at an early age to find his way around the kitchen.

He is an excellent cook and loves to do it. The girl friends of all these guys would try to out do our son. It was a competition in the girls eyes. There was one problem the girls did not know how or didn't care until marriage crossed their minds. The joke in the house was if they could find a girl that could cook as our son did they would marry them.