Thre is considerable lead time on getting a suppressor. The shop where I ordered mine estimated 3-4 months. Up to a month to get product and 3 months to go through Governmental paperwork hoops and delays. Since the device is registered by serial number and the transfer fee is $200, I won't be selling it or letting it out on loan. The good news is that it can be attached to any .22 I want to put it on (considering that it has to be physically possible) and I'm told with a Ruger 10-22 that you don't have to use subsonic ammo since velocity losses will drop most standard long rifle rounds below 1100 fps.

A big plus is that the 10-22 will autoload the .22 shot shells with the blue plastic bullet shaped tops. The old fashioned shot shells with the long cases crimped over at the end didn't digest well in most auto loaders (at least the ones I had).

I'll be glad to have a super quiet .22 short range shotgun. I have friends with extreme pidgeon problems that could be solved quickly and easily after I run out of moving targets. I'll bet it will look odd to anyone who would see it in action, a small gun looking thing making pidgeons silently drop out of the air in rapid succession.

This would work just fine in many indoor industrial situations and is used for professional pest control. I too have an adult air rifle, a Feinwork Brau with a 3-8x Beeman zoom scope that will drive tacks, but tacks standing still not flying ones. The cyclic rate on the air rifle is a tad slow for the action one sees in pidgeon ellimination.

I once had a problem with pidgeons eating my dogs kibble. I set up a propped up bird cage as a trap over the food dish and the greedy pidgeons swarmed in and knocked the prop out and caught themselves.

I have other designs for pest ellimination that keeps poison out of the ecosystem but most folks don't have industrial strength pulse lasers handy. I recently bought a wind up mouse trap that uses no bait or poison that could be scaled up to deal with pidgeons. I once thought about an industrial strength shop vac or "dust collector" system as a pidgeon vacuum. Imagine a pidgeon sized wind tunnel that turns on when occupied. Pidgeon is bagged for disposal.

Patrick